Since 1961, UNESCO Bangkok has had a dual role as both the Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and as a Cluster Office in the Asia-Pacific region.
As a regional bureau for education, UNESCO Bangkok provides technical expertise and assistance, and it serves advisory, knowledge production and sharing, and monitoring and evaluation functions to assist the Asia-Pacific Member States, UNESCO field offices and the antenna office in the area of education.
As a cluster office, UNESCO Bangkok helps to implement all UNESCO programmes (education, sciences, culture and communication and information) in Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Singapore, and indirectly in Viet Nam and Cambodia, in cooperation with the country offices and the antenna office.
UNESCO Bangkok has an antenna office in Yangon, Myanmar. Through this office, and in collaboration with the government of Myanmar, the organization is able to develop and implement education, culture and communication and information programmes in Myanmar.
UNESCO Bangkok also hosts the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS), which serves to strengthen the capacities of Member States to produce high-quality data and statistics in the areas covered by the UNESCO mandate.
[more on What we do in Asia-Pacific]
- UNESCO Bangkok Brochure
- Lao PDR - United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026
- Thailand - United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022–2026
- One Strategic Plan 2017-2021 (between The Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and The United Nations in Viet Nam).
- United Nations Development Assistance Framework for Cambodia (UNDAF) 2016-2018
- UNESCO Country Programming Document Lao PRD 2012-2015
- UNESCO Country Planning Document Myanmar 2013-2015
- UN Strategic Framework for Myanmar 2012-2015
The Mom Luang Pin Malakul Centenary Building, in which UNESCO Bangkok and the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) share offices, is conveniently located on the corner of Sukhumvit Road Soi 40 and is within walking distance from Thonglor BTS Skytrain station.
Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education
Mom Luang Pin Malakul Centenary Building
920 Sukhumvit Road
Phone: +66-2-3910577 Ext. 0