Parent Sector: Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of contract: Non Staff
Level: Level 2; SB-2 (SC-4)
Duration of contract: 1 year; Initial three (3) months probationary period; renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Recruitment open to: External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Bangkok Time): 08-FEB-2023
Major duties and responsibilities
- Produce complete and in final form documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the Section from draft texts. Search, locate, compile, review and update information and data used in the development of documents, work plans, budgets; ensure accuracy and compliance with the approved amounts; enter data in, and run reports from, automated systems in order to support preparation of regular and ad-hoc budgetary/ financial updates, reporting on programme/ project delivery, statistics and/ or projections for use and scrutiny by the supervisor(s) or responsible manager. Provide administrative support for fund raising initiatives.
- Prepare a variety of administrative documentation using examples or templates; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up, including payment follow-up in collaboration with the AO/EO Office. Inform team members of specific administrative processes and related procedures to support work planning and timely and coordinated execution of work; follow-up and alert team members of outstanding payments, timeframes and bottlenecks. Perform general administrative tasks such as leave and attendance recording; maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work section and assist in providing software and office equipment support.
- Organize official meetings, events and workshops by booking venues, equipment and providing other related logistical support. Organize official travel in conjunction with meetings, events and workshops; make travel arrangements; track and prepare itinerary and agenda; facilitate travel by providing/ clarifying information and preparing the necessary documentation such as visa applications. Provide administrative support for the events; collate/ format information and data for presentation in final form; inform participants; organize the distribution of documentation; collect minutes/ information/ documentation and prepare associated documentation.
- Receive, analyze, sort, register and distribute correspondence and documents; update and maintain large distribution lists and process requests for data and reports; determine the importance and priority of documents received and follow-up, draft correspondence and emails; review, proofread and edit outgoing correspondence according to standard practices and protocol ensuring proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; recommend changes/ corrections; and handle arrangement for translations of documents. Maintain information systems and databases in both physical and electronic media by recording, updating and retrieving information, documentation and data. Assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Respond to enquiries and follow up on routine outstanding matters; route information and queries as appropriate; provide information to supervisor(s) and colleagues; make appointments, receive visitors and take telephone calls, answering enquiries and/or referring them to the specialist/ service concerned. Liaise with various internal services to obtain additional information/ clarifications. Provide guidance to short-term/ temporary staff on general office processes and procedures, automated systems, computer applications, etc.
- Perform additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
For more details and how to apply, please visit this link.