UNESCO NEWVIEW XR FieldLAB Online Programme
When technology plays a role in our daily lives, creative designers face the challenge of unlocking potential and competing in the market. Therefore, there is a need to adapt and increase skills to unlock new opportunities for career advancement and business growth.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has partnered with FabCafe Bangkok and Thailand's Office of Creative Economy Promotion to organize a pioneering training course aimed at enhancing the skills and knowledge of individuals interested in pursuing careers in the creative economy sector using Extended Reality technology. The course presents a challenge and an opportunity to explore innovative ideas and projects, and to present them to qualified committees and creative organizations in Thailand and abroad.
This event is open to designers and creatives of all fields from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam who are interested in learning about Extended Reality and using it to develop businesses in the creative economy sector. The event is open to those 45 years old or younger. The event aims to help participants create jobs and generate income through practical experience. Registration for this event is open from now until 20 May 2023, 17:00 Bangkok time (GMT+7).
1. Individuals interested in participating in the incubation program must attend the OPENHOUSE event on Saturday, 13 May 2023, from 9:00-12:00 hrs. The event will be held online and is intended to provide potential participants a greater understanding of the project.
Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/3LFau67
Meeting ID: 817 6278 7876
2. The project is open for applications from today until 20 May 2023, 17:00 Bangkok time (GMT+7). You can apply individually or as a team of up to three people.
Please register here: https://forms.gle/ytZkJ4AUqHJ8nLg6A
3. Participants must be able to participate in activities and workshops with experts to lay the foundation for creative economy and Extended Reality technology between May and June 2023.
4. Those who have completed the training will be eligible to participate in the IDEATION event on 24-25 June 2023 for Thailand, or participate in the IDEATION event on 1-2 July 2023 for Viet Nam.
5. 3 selected projects from the IDEATION activity will receive a project grant based on submitted budgets not exceeding 100,000 baht. Budgets will be used for developing recipients' projects from July through September 2023, and for testing their projects in early October. The decisions of the judges pertaining to selected projects and the amount of their budget funding will be final.
6. Creators from the selected 3 projects will have the opportunity to learn and nurture with experts from July to September. The projects must be finished to test and ready to validate their market with the public in early October, as well as for meeting investors from various private sectors for future opportunities.
Please be noted that the certificate is reserved only for those who register to participate in the activity.