7th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education
Leveraging Multi-Stakeholder Engagement to Nurture Future Entrepreneurs
9-11 October 2018, Trinco Blu, Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
Inspired by successful entrepreneurs who have established thriving business ventures, many governments are turning towards entrepreneurship as a viable solution for job creation, raising optimism for national prosperity. At the same time, the traits and characteristics of entrepreneurs – creative, innovative, critical and strategic thinkers, adaptable, resourceful, motivated, confident, risk taking and so on – resonate deeply with policymakers and educators charged to develop their countries’ human capital. Any country with such talented girls and boys, women and men will be better equipped to deal with the demands of the 21st century and beyond.
For the past six years, the annual EE-Net meetings organized with the support of EE-Net members had provided an avenue for sharing information and experiences on topical issues related to entrepreneurship education. This year, in collaboration with the National Enterprise Development Agency under the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, UNESCO Bangkok is convening the 7th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Leveraging Multi-Stakeholder Engagement to Nurture Future Entrepreneurs, on 9-11 October 2018 in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka. Bringing together policymakers, academics and practitioners, the meeting aims to explore how multi-stakeholders can work together to enhance entrepreneurship education in primary, secondary, tertiary and non-formal education.
Objectives of the meeting
The specific objectives of the meeting are to:
- Identify various models of multi-stakeholder engagement in entrepreneurship education
- Share good practices of stakeholder engagement in entrepreneurship education in primary, secondary, tertiary and non-formal education, with special reference to women entrepreneurship
- Showcase selected student enterprises
- Discuss potential areas of joint activities to enhance multi-stakeholder engagement in entrepreneurship education
Since space is limited, those interested in attending the meeting must fill in an application form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/eenet2018 by Friday, 31August 2018. The participants will be selected based on their potential contribution to the objectives of the 7th UNESCO-APEID meeting as well as their commitment to the common vision and long-term goals. Those selected to participate in the meeting will be notified by Friday, 14 September 2018.
For more information, please contact:
- EE-Net Secretariat, UNESCO Bangkok, at email@example.com
- Mr. Dhakshitha Bogollagama, Chairman and Director-General, National Enterprise Development Authority, Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Sri Lanka, Tel: +94 (0) 113443610, Fax: +94 (0) 112368393, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form (Closing date: Friday, 31 August 2018)