Workshop: Student Learning Assessment and International Monitoring of Student Performance
The Network on Education Quality Monitoring in the Asia-Pacific (NEQMAP) Secretariat at UNESCO Bangkok, in collaboration with the Bhutan Council for School Examinations and Assessment (BCSEA), successfully organized a capacity development workshop from 25-27 April 2016 in Paro, Bhutan. The workshop, which focused on “Student Learning Assessment and International Monitoring of Student Performance”, was attended by representatives from the Ministry of Education, BCSEA, Royal Education Council as well as selected schools. This three-day workshop was supported by the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and facilitated by Dr. Jim Tognolini, Senior Vice President of Research and Assessment Unit of Pearson Assessment Centre.
Date: 25 -27 April 2016
Location: Paro, Bhutan
- Introduction to NEQMAP and the workshop, Ramya Vivekanandan (UNESCO Bangkok)
- Session 1: Introduction to Modern Assessment Theory: A basis for all assessments
- Session 2: Introduction to Modern Assessment Theory: A basis for all assessments (continued)
- Session 3:Developing Quality Assessment Items
- Session 4: Reflection for Day 1
- Session 5: Reviewing Multiple Choice Items
- Session 6: Developing quality assessment items
- Session 7: Introduction to international largescale assessments J
- Session 8: Introduction to developing questionnaires
- Session 9: Reflection for Day 2
- Session 10: Introduction to item and test analysis (Classical Test Theory)
- Session 11: Introduction to sampling and administration of large scale assessments
Download all presentation files in a ZIP file HERE.
Please click HERE to download workshop photos.