The UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Bangkok (in short, UNESCO Bangkok) implements the five areas of UNESCO programmes—education, natural sciences, social and human sciences, culture, and communication and information—in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam. National activities are implemented by national offices in Phnom Penh and Ha Noi and a project office in Yangon.
The Office was established in 1961 as the UNESCO Regional Office for Education in Asia and became the UNESCO Principal Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific in 1987, the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education in 2000, and the UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Bangkok in 2023. The Office has been leading the regional coordination and capacity development for the Education for All (1990–2000/2000–2015), and the SDG4-Education 2030 Agenda, covering 46 Member States and three Associate Members in the region, and within a network of 14 UNESCO Field Offices.
UNESCO Bangkok represents UNESCO in the United Nations Regional Collaborative Platform in Asia and the Pacific, and it serves as the secretariat of the Learning and Education 2030+ Networking Group in Asia and the Pacific.
UNESCO Bangkok also hosts the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission’s Sub-Commission for the Western Pacific (IOC/WESTPAC).
- UNESCO Bangkok Brochure
- Cambodia - United Nations Development Assistance Framework 2019-2023
- Lao PDR - United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026
- Lao PDR - UNESCO Country Strategy 2020-2021
- Myanmar - United Nations Myanmar: UN Socio-Economic Resilience Response Plan (September 2021)
- Thailand - United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022–2026
- Thailand - UNESCO Country Strategy 2020-2021
- Viet Nam - One Strategic Framework for Sustainable Development 2022-2026
The Mom Luang Pin Malakul Centenary Building, in which UNESCO Bangkok and the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) share offices, is conveniently located on the corner of Sukhumvit Road Soi 40 and is within walking distance from Thong Lo BTS Skytrain station.
UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Bangkok
Mom Luang Pin Malakul Centenary Building
920 Sukhumvit Road
Phone: +66-2-3910577 Ext. 0