Technical and Vocational Education and Training: UNESCO Asia-Pacific In Graphic Detail #4
In the Asia-Pacific, which has the majority of the world’s youth, 21% are not in education, employment or training, and yet enrolment in technical and vocational education and training (TVET) remains low. In commemoration of Sustainable Development Goal 4 and the 19th UNESCO-APEID Conference this week, UNESCO Bangkok is highlighting TVET with the fourth in a series of infographics to be released over the next few weeks.
- Tuesday, 23 October: ‘Writing Peace’ manual launch – Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education
- Saturday, 27 October: World Day for Audio Visual Heritage – Memory of the World
- Friday, 2 November: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists – Safety of Journalists
- Tuesday, 6 November: 19th UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development International Conference – Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Saturday, 10 November: World Science Day for Peace and Development – Shared Groundwater Resources
- Friday, 16 November: UNESCO’s birthday / Adoption of UNESCO World Heritage Convention – Safeguarding World Heritage
These infographics convey core concepts of UNESCO’s work in areas that profoundly affect the lives of people throughout the region.
We encourage everyone to share widely and utilise these resources in their own projects and campaigns. Click here for a pdf file.