Student Assessment and Multilingual Education: Designing Instruments, Gathering Data
As part of the Asia-Pacific Multilingual Education Working Group (MLE WG), the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok) is hosting the fourth session of its regional webinar series. This webinar will focus on designing instruments and gathering data for student assessment and multilingual education. Focusing on the initiative's impact on the education of ethnolinguistic minority children, panel speakers will discuss their various areas of expertise in designing and implementing language-inclusive assessment tools, and mother-tongue-based multilingual education (MTB MLE) assessments, as well as how to make the best use of assessment findings for MTB MLE advocacy.
- To raise awareness of how linguistic and cultural issues should be reflected in assessment frameworks;
- To highlight assessment tools and practices that may be helpful to MLE implementers and advocates; and
- To catalyse multilateral engagement, understanding and cooperation in approaching assessment issues in linguistically diverse settings.
The target audience for the webinar includes regional, national and international level education stakeholders (including both policymakers and implementers).
English will be the working language of the webinar.
Dates and Format
Registration is free and required in advance. Once you register, a unique join URL will be sent to your email. Registration link: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xwHKKS4GQ8mxLoOD-IPSVw
Friday 3 December 2021, 8:30-10:00 AM
- Ethel Agnes P Valenzuela, Director, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) Secretariat
- Erin Tanner, Education Specialist, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO)
8:30 – 8:35
Welcome and introduction from the Asia-Pacific Multilingual Education Working Group
|8:35 – 9:35||
Panel speakers (20 min each)
|9:35 – 9:55||
Q&A and Discussion
|9:55 – 10:00||
Key Messages and Closing
For more Information
Asia Pacific Multilingual Education Working Group Secretariat