Sharing best practices and way forward to achieve the overall 2030 target with an inclusive approach to education
Organized by the Disability-Inclusive Education in Asia-Pacific Working Group, co-chaired by UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok), UNICEF East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (UNICEF EAPRO), and Leonard Cheshire.
As a side event to the 2nd Asia-Pacific Regional Education Minister’s Conference (APREMC-II), the Disability-Inclusive Education in Asia-Pacific Working Group is organizing a virtual meeting ‘Sharing best practices and way forward to achieve the overall 2030 target with an inclusive approach to education’, linking with the Conference’s thematic area of transformation of education systems and building resilience.
The side event aims to bring together key disability-inclusive stakeholders in the region, including a range of private sector, government and non-governmental stakeholders working towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all. The event will facilitate crucial discussions on the various research findings within the region related to inclusive education and ensuring safe and inclusive return to school for children with disabilities post COVID-19 pandemic.
The target audience for this side event comprises regional, national, and international level education stakeholders, including OPDs, policymakers, and implementers.
English; live captioning and sign language will be made available.
Dates and Format
Date: Friday, 3 June 2022
Time: 13.00 – 14.30 hrs. Bangkok time (GMT + 7)
Format: Zoom Conferencing (link will be sent upon registration)
Registration (required): Meeting Registration - Zoom
*Registration is free and required in advance. Once you register, a unique join URL will be sent to your email.
Moderator: Catherine Wilczek, Assistant Programme Officer, Inclusive Quality Education (IQE) Unit, UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education
13.00–13.10 Welcome and Introduction
- Erin Tanner, Education Specialist, UNICEF
13.10–14.00 Panel Discussion
Moderator: Praveen Kumar Gurunath, Lead Advisor, Social Inclusion, VSO
- Ms. Chan Samnang, Deputy Chief Office, Special Education Department, Ministry of Education Youth and Sports, Cambodia
- Mr. Akihiro Fushimi, Regional Education Specialist, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office
- Dr. Mark Carew, Principal Researcher, Leonard Cheshire
- Dr. Hyeseung Chang, Director, Office of Public Relations and Information, Korean Education Development Institute (KEDI), South Korea
14.00–14.20 Q&A and Discussion
- Barkha Henry, Regional Manager, Programme Development & Resourcing, Leonard Cheshire
- Concept Note
- Speakers’ Biographies
- Webinar Recording
For more information
- Disability-Inclusive Education in Asia-Pacific Working Group
- Disability-Inclusive Education in Asia-Pacific Working Group Secretariat
#inclusiveeducation #childrenwithdisabilities #EveryoneIncluded