Qualified Teachers: UNESCO Asia-Pacific In Graphic Detail #10
There are 70 million primary and secondary school teachers in the world, 56% of whom are in the Asia-Pacific, but in some countries the pupil-teacher ratio is between 40:1 and 60:1. On the occasion of the Regional Seminar on Innovative School Leadership and SDG 4.7, UNESCO Bangkok seeks to raise awareness about the crucial role of principals as well as at every level of teacher, school and system leadership.
- Tuesday, 23 October, 2018: ‘Writing Peace’ manual launch – Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education
- Saturday, 27 October, 2018: World Day for Audio Visual Heritage – Memory of the World
- Friday, 2 November, 2018: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists – Safety of Journalists
- Tuesday, 6 November, 2018: 19th UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development International Conference – Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Saturday, 10 November, 2018: World Science Day for Peace and Development – Shared Groundwater Resources
- Friday, 16 November, 2018: UNESCO’s birthday / Adoption of UNESCO World Heritage Convention – Safeguarding World Heritage
- Thursday, 28 March, 2019: The Role of Culture for the Achievement of 2030 Agenda – Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Saturday, 6 April, 2019: International Day of Sport for Development and Peace – Youth Participation and Empowerment
- Wednesday, 12 June, 2019: World Day Against Child Labour - Out-of-School Children
- Tuesday, 26 June, 2019: Regional Seminar on Innovative School Leadership and SDG 4.7 - Qualified Teachers
These infographics convey core concepts of UNESCO’s work in areas that profoundly affect the lives of people throughout the region.
We encourage everyone to share widely and utilise these resources in their own projects and campaigns.