Programme Assistant for IOC/WESTPAC
Parent Sector: Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract: Non Staff
Level: Level 4
Duration of contract: 1 year
Recruitment open to: External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 04-DEC-2022
Only candidates who have the right to live and work in Thailand may apply for this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Director of the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and under and the direct supervision of the Head of the WESTPAC Office, the incumbent shall exercise the functions of Programme Assistant and provide secretarial, programme and administrative support of the WESTPAC programs, projects and activities, including those WESTPAC led UN Ocean Decade Actions as follows:
- Produce complete and in final form documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the Section/ Unit from draft texts. Search, locate, compile, review and update information and data used in the development of documents, work plans, budgets and websites including print publications (brochures, leaflets, posters), newsletters, social media and other outreach materials etc.; ensure accuracy and compliance with the approved amounts; enter data in, and run reports from, automated systems in order to support preparation of regular and ad-hoc budgetary/ financial updates, reporting on programme/ project delivery, statistics and/ or projections for use and scrutiny by the supervisor(s) or responsible manager. Provide administrative support for fund raising initiatives. Support the preparation for various kinds of reports, write-ups and correspondence such as project/program progress reports, meeting minutes, inputs to UN reporting, publications, speeches, presentations, memos, letters and other correspondence.
- Prepare a variety of administrative documentation using examples or templates; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up, including payment follow-up in collaboration with the AO/EO Office. Inform team members of specific administrative processes and related procedures to support work planning and timely and coordinated execution of work; follow-up and alert team members of outstanding payments, timeframes and bottlenecks. Perform general administrative tasks such as leave and attendance recording; maintain files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit and assist in providing software and office equipment support.
- Organize official meetings, events and workshops by booking venues, equipment and providing other related logistical support. Organize official travel in conjunction with meetings, events and workshops; make travel arrangements; track and prepare itinerary and agenda; facilitate travel by providing/ clarifying information and preparing the necessary documentation such as visa applications. Provide administrative support for the events; collate/ format information and data for presentation in final form; inform participants; organize the distribution of documentation; collect minutes/ information/ documentation and prepare associated documentation.
- Receive, analyze, sort, register and distribute correspondence and documents; update and maintain large distribution lists and process requests for data and reports; determine the importance and priority of documents received and follow-up, draft correspondence and emails; review, proofread and edit outgoing correspondence according to standard practices and protocol ensuring proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; recommend changes/ corrections; and handle arrangement for translations of documents. Maintain information systems and databases in both physical and electronic media by recording, updating and retrieving information, documentation and data. Assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software. Assist in maintaining contacts with host agency, IOC National Committees, UNESCO National Commissions, the related ministries, UN agencies, development agencies, donors and NGOs.
- Respond to enquiries and follow up on routine outstanding matters; route information and queries as appropriate; provide information to supervisor(s) and colleagues; make appointments, receive visitors and take telephone calls, answering enquiries and/or referring them to the specialist/ service concerned. Liaise with various internal services to obtain additional information/ clarifications. Provide guidance to short-term/ temporary staff on general office processes and procedures, automated systems, computer applications, etc.
- Perform additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
For more details and how to apply, please visit this link.