Memory of the World: UNESCO Asia-Pacific In Graphic Detail #2
Documentary heritage is under threat because of negligence and intentional destruction, natural disaster, chemical damage and even just outdated technology. On the occasion of World Day for Audiovisual Heritage on 27 October, UNESCO Bangkok is celebrating Memory of the World with the second in a series of infographics to be released over the next few weeks.
- Tuesday, 23 October: ‘Writing Peace’ manual launch – Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education
- Saturday, 27 October: World Day for Audiovisual Heritage – Memory of the World
- Friday, 2 November: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists – Safety of Journalists
- Tuesday, 6 November: 19th UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development International Conference – Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Saturday, 10 November: World Science Day for Peace and Development – Shared Groundwater Resources
- Friday, 16 November: UNESCO’s birthday / Adoption of UNESCO World Heritage Convention – Safeguarding World Heritage
These infographics convey core concepts of UNESCO’s work in areas that profoundly affect the lives of people throughout the region.
We encourage everyone to share widely and utilise these resources in their own projects and campaigns. Click here for high-resolution .pdf file.