International Consultant: Analysis of national education policies and programs in Kazakhstan
Responsible Unit: Education Unit, UNESCO Almaty
Title of activity: Conducting a comprehensive analysis of national education policies and programs in Kazakhstan based on the UNESCO Gender in Education Toolkit to promote gender equality in and through education
Type of the contract: Contract for Individual Consultants
Implementation period: June– August 2023
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Almaty and the direct supervision of Education Programme Specialist and in close coordination with Education National Professional Officer, within the framework of TIED Grant project on “Assisting Kazakhstan in the implementation of the Concept of Family and Gender Policy, in terms of ensuring gender equality and empowering all women and girls in Kazakhstan and overcoming the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis”, the Contractor shall:
- Conduct a desk review of relevant national policies and legislation related to gender equality and education in Kazakhstan.
- Analyze the existing policies and programs related to gender equality and education in Kazakhstan, using the GENIA toolkit.
- Identify gaps and challenges in the existing policies and programs related to gender equality and education in Kazakhstan.
- Develop recommendations for promoting gender equality in and through education in Kazakhstan, based on the findings of the analysis.
- Present the results of the analysis and recommendations at a validation meeting with the Ministry of Education of Kazakhstan and other education stakeholders.
- Review and edit the analysis report based on the feedback received at the validation meeting.
- Submit a final analysis report to UNESCO.
If you are interested in the position, please confirm this in your email of reply and also send us your CV and a filled file with the information on type of work and preliminary costs estimates in USD (attached) to Ms Dinara Tuyakova, Senior Project Assistant, UNESCO Almaty Office at d.tuyakova(at)unesco.org.
For more information, please refer to the attached files below.