International conference on distance learning: Research and innovation for a digital society
Growing demand for knowledge and skills continues to challenge formal education systems and calls for more flexible learning strategies. In this regard, UNESCO is pleased to announce that the International Conference on Distance Learning: Research and Innovation for a Digital Society will be held from 1-3 August 2019, in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference will be co-organized by Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University (STOU) and UNESCO’s Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok).
In order to address different challenges and opportunities for distance learning, the international conference will assess the current status of distance learning, share successful initiatives and good practices and explore innovative strategies, partnerships and mechanisms to promote quality distance learning, research and innovation for a digital society.
- Call for papers: The conference theme is “Research and Innovation for a Digital Society” and includes four sub-themes as part of the call for papers:
1. Trends Analysis in Distance Learning
2. Disruptive Innovations in Distance Learning
3. Subject-specific Research in Distance Learning
4. Lifelong Skills Development for a Digital Society
- Scholarships to attend: UNESCO Bangkok will offer a limited number of scholarships to assist deserving professionals from developing countries in Asia-Pacific to attend the conference. To apply for a scholarship, please send the following materials to UNESCO via email@example.com no later than 1 June 2019:
1. Your CV
2. A short motivation letter detailing:
- Why would you like to attend the International Conference on Distance Learning? Please explain in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Why do you need a scholarship? Please explain your specific needs and estimated request in US Dollars (i.e. list registration fee, estimated cost of roundtrip economy flights, accommodation and meals). Given limited resources, please describe potential to cost-share.