Individual Culture Consultant
Parent Sector: Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract: Non Staff
Duration of contract: From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to: External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Bangkok Time): 20-Jun-2023
Tasks and Assignment
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office in Bangkok and the direct supervision of the Chief of the Culture Unit, the Individual Specialist will assist the Culture Unit with programmes related to the conservation of immovable cultural heritage.
Specifically, the Individual Specialist will undertake the planning, implementation and coordination of activities primarily related to CLT OP1 (Member States capacities strengthened to identify, protect and manage tangible heritage).
1. Provide technical advice and contribute to the Japan Funds-In-Trust project “Safeguarding World Heritage Site Archives in Southeast Asia".
2. Provide technical advice and contribute to the programme activities of the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
3. Provide technical advice and contribute to the organizational and technical capacity building programmes related to the “Competence Framework for Cultural Heritage Management” hereinafter called "the Framework".
4. Contribute advice and inputs for other educational activities related to cultural heritage management and higher education network activities, particularly related to UNESCO Chairs in heritage and the Asian Academy for Heritage Management in close coordination with the Secretariat for the network.
5. Provide technical inputs and coordination for other BGK/CLT programmes and activities.
6. General task related to the above programmatic implementation.
7. Undertake mission travel which may be assigned by the Chief of Culture Unit. The travel costs shall be covered by UNESCO.
8. Carry out additional tasks as required and assigned by the Chief of CLT or the Office Director.
For more information and how to apply, please visit this link.