Higher Education in Emergencies - Higher Education Conversation Series
This is the second round of UNESCO’s Higher Education Conversations, now in the leadup to the entry into force of the Global Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education. This fourth conversation in the series aims to bring together policy makers and higher education stakeholders to discuss and advance the understanding of how emergencies caused by natural and man-made disasters affect higher education provision, and how quality higher education can be better ensured in emergency situations.
Key questions to be examined:
• How do emergencies affect higher education, and what are the specific nature and needs of higher education in emergencies?
• How can the provision of quality higher education be ensured in emergencies?
• What are the potential and limits of distance learning for higher education in emergencies?
• What are the main challenges for providing learning opportunities for students who have to discontinue their studies due to emergencies?
• How to ensure the recognition of the qualifications of students having been forced to interrupt their studies, and their admission to further studies?
• How can higher education institutions and other stakeholders work to support emergency affected higher education institutions and students?
Language(s): English/French, with simultaneous interpretation
Date/time: 8 December 2022, 14:00 hrs (Paris time)
To register for the webinar: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_nd7tQ8C_RPOj9fKorwyB5A
Stay tuned: https://en.unesco.org/news/higher-education-conversations