Electrician (Electrical and Maintenance Technician)
VACANCY NOTICE NUMBER: VN072023-18344-SC-ELECTRICIAN-ADM
Parent Sector: Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract: Non Staff
Level: SB-1 SC-2
Duration of contract: 1 year Initial three (3) months probationary period; renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 3-APR-2023
Only candidates who have the right to live and work in Thailand may apply for this position.
Overview of the functions of the post:
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, and direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, Administration and Finance Unit, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
• Check and maintain power supply system and equipment to ensure the stability of power, lighting, and tele-communication system. Carry out electrical installation, inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments. Liaise with MEA in case of power black-out.
• Maintain and repair office equipment, furniture, building fixtures, etc. in perfect condition and ready for use at all time; perform basic diagnostic tests and repair/replace defective parts;
• Operate audio, visual, microphone system, set-up and control lights in the conference and meeting rooms
• Perform routine maintenance of core building systems such as Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, security (access control, alarm, cctv), hardware, and waste management system.
• Read and interpret specifications and technical drawings, schedules, manuals for construction projects, installations and upgrade repair of infrastructure. Prepare bills of quantities and costing for infrastructure projects. Coordinate with company and obtain quotation for renovation/construction project.
• Assist in regular inspections of the physical condition of premises, provide recommendations for maintenance, alert Chief of Section or Head of Unit concerned of unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or are likely to occur, inform the building management team, and prepare periodic summary reports for submission to the supervisor
• Carry out and complete work to high quality and in a competent manner and with the property being left in clean and tidy condition.
• Maintain appropriate service and be on call as required.
• Keep record of the electricity and water supply utilized by the office and provide recommendations to supervisor on how to improve the efficiency and lower these expenses. Keep stock records of fittings, tools, devices, electrical and other supplies.
• Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environmental regulations.
• Use standard word processing packages to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts, graphs, etc., in accordance with UNESCO standards. Perform basic data entry and extraction functions. Check accuracy of simple calculations, codings, data, etc.
• May initiate a low volume of transactions in automated systems and run reports or may create requisitions for purchase orders, contracts or payment from standard templates for low value items.
• Record, route and/or process mail or other documents; retrieve, gather and structure pertinent background material from various sources; track and monitor follow-up action as required.
• Maintain and update filing systems (both paper and electronic) and databases for inventories and work unit. Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc. scan and photocopy a variety of documents and other materials.
• Maintain calendar/schedules; monitor changes and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
3. Perform any additional tasks which may be assigned by the Director, Chief Administrative Officer and supervisor.
For more details and how to apply, please visit this link.