East Asia Workshop on Monitoring SDG 4
The East Asia Workshop on Monitoring SDG 4, held in Bangkok from 18 to 22 June 2018, trained country representatives from national statistics offices, ministries of education and other officials working in education and statistics to gain holistic understanding of global, regional and national monitoring processes, such as employing National Strategies for the Development of Education Statistics (NSDES) for monitoring SDG 4.
The five-day workshop introduced the participants to:
- the Regional Training Manual on Monitoring SDG 4;
- global, thematic and national indicators and their frameworks for monitoring SDG 4;
- international education statistics, standards, concepts and methodologies;
- new UIS-adapted data collection tools;
- National Strategies for the Development of Education Statistics (NSDES)
- data quality assessment (DQA) to improve national data production; and
- common experiences in employing administrative data systems and household surveys for monitoring education.
The video provides a short insight into the five days and the participants' activities.