Recognizing the importance of capacity development, NEQMAP devotes significant attention to activities which aim to enhance the institutional capacity of the countries in the region in regard to learning assessment.
Towards this end, NEQMAP has been organizing a series of regional workshops focusing on the themes of learning assessment as well as curriculum. The main target audience has been government officials with responsibility for designing and implementing learning assessment/curriculum in their respective countries.
In addition to that, the network provides a technical support to selected member institutions and/or countries in the region which express a specific need. This technical support takes various forms, such as the organization of national-level workshops and mobilization of experts to conduct a review of the country’s system of learning assessment.
The regional and sub-regional workshops include:
- Malaysia (Sep 2018): Conceptualization, Measurement and Use of Contextual Data
- Thailand (Mar 2018): Data Quality and Accuracy for Large-Scale Learning Assessment Programmes
- Kazakhstan (Dec 2016): Assessment Literacy and Test and Item Development and Design
- Thailand (Sep 2016): Reporting & Dissemination of Large-Scale Learning Assessments
- Cambodia (Feb-Mar 2016): PISA for Development (PISA - D)
- Thailand (Sep 2015): Analyzing and Understanding Learning Assessment for Evidence-Based Policy Making
- Rep of Korea (May 2015): Alignment between Curriculum, Teaching and Assessment
- Thailand (Mar 2015): Design and Development of Large-Scale Learning Assessment
- Thailand (Sep 2014): Introduction to Large-Scale of Learning Assessment
The national-level workshops andtechnical support include:
- Lao PDR: Test and Item Development and Design
- Bhutan: Student Learning Assessment and International Monitoring of Student Performance
- Mongolia: Review of Learning Assessment System in Mongolia
- Nepal: How Should We Asses Student Learning?