Call for talent: Join the UNESCO Asia-Pacific expert pool on AI and emerging technologies
Are you an expert in the field of artificial intelligence (AI)? Are you interested in the relevant ethical and social perspectives? Do you want to share your understandings of emerging technologies? The UNESCO AI expert pool is for you.
UNESCO Bangkok Office is forming a talent pool that supports countries to leverage emerging technologies such as AI to promote sustainable development. The experts will join UNESCO’s activities as participants, trainers, facilitators and researchers. They will receive support from UNESCO to update and share their skills and knowledge on AI, especially ethical, legal and social implications of AI development through information exchanges, mentoring and workshops.
A network for AI experts will be formed in the Asia-Pacific along with mapping activities in the region. In that process, experts will have opportunities to meet each other and network. They can also serve as dedicated partners for countries and stakeholders seeking guidance and training for to promote AI and other advanced ICT for sustainable development.
- Research or training experience in AI and other fields of emerging technologies
- Good understanding of ethical, legal and social implications of AI and other advanced ICT, especially in localized and Asia-Pacific contexts
- Good understanding of English
- Excellent communication skills to exchange ideas on complex issues
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to organize, moderate and facilitate training workshops and other activities
Applicants should send their CVs and introductory letters to yu(dot)hu(at)unesco(dot)org by Friday 10 April 2020.
The CV should include:
- A brief introduction
- Research/training/working experience and areas of interest in relation to AI
- Contact details
Please note naming convention to include “UNESCO AI expert pool” in the subject line and CV file labelled “name_country”.
Main photo credit: ©Shutterstock/metamorworks