Call for speakers: Internet Universality in Thailand #AccessToInfoDay
Bangkok: Ensuring public access to information and the protection of fundamental freedoms are becoming more significant in the digital realm. In line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, UNESCO marks 28 September as International Day for Universal Access to Information with annual events at both the international and regional levels.
Under the global theme of “Leaving no one behind”, UNESCO Bangkok with the National Innovation Agency in Thailand and FOSSASIA, a community of open source and technology developers across Asia, is co-organizing an Open Tech Summit on 1-2 October at the Knowledge Exchange in Bangkok. The objective is to promote discussions and collaboration among developers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs concerning the latest innovation in open technologies, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, hardware and the Internet of Things (IOT).
This year, as part of the Open Tech Summit, UNESCO will host its first multi-stakeholder consultation on the assessment of Internet Universality in Thailand based on the newly launched Internet Universality indicators. The Internet Universality ROAM-X indicators framework is relevant to all countries to gain a holistic diagnosis of Internet policies, digital environments and structural causes of digital inequalities.
The Knowledge Exchange: KX
110/1 Thanon Krung Thon Buri
Khwaeng Bang Lamphu Lang
Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600
1-2 October 2019
We are looking for speaker submissions about Open Source in the following areas:
- Artificial intelligence, algorithms, search engines, cognitive experts
- Hardware and IOT
- Cloud, containers, DevOps
- Open-source education and more
Dates & Deadlines:
- Deadline for submissions: 15 August 2019
Late submissions: Later submissions are possible, but early submissions have priority
Notification of acceptance: Ongoing basis
- Announcement of schedule: 5 September 2019
Please propose your session as early as possible and include a description of your proposal that is as complete as possible. The description is of particular importance for the selection. Once accepted, speakers will receive a code for a speaker’s ticket. Speakers will receive a free ticket and two standard tickets for their partners or friends. Sessions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Talks and workshops. Speaking slots are 20 minutes long with five to 10 minutes for questions. Speakers can also sign up for either one- or two-hour workshop sessions. Please note the proposed length of your session at the time of submission.
- Lightning talks. If you have interesting ideas but do not want to submit a full talk, you can propose a five-minute lightning talk. You can continue the discussion in breakout areas.
- Stands and assemblies. We offer spaces in our exhibition area for companies, projects, installations, team gatherings and other fun activities. Please add details in the submission form.
- Developer rooms/Track hosts. Get in touch early if you want to organize a developer room at the event. FOSSASIA is also looking for team members who are interested in co-hosting and moderating tracks covering the entire content for a particular topic. If you would like to sign up, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publications. Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published in various formats under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence. This licence allows commercial use by media institutions as part of their reporting. If you do not wish for material from your lecture to be published or streamed, please include that in your submission.
For submission and registration: https://eventyay.com/e/aac5bcc7/cfs
Inquiries on UNESCO consultation on Internet Universality in Thailand:
Ms Kamonwan Petchot
Communication and Information Unit, UNESCO Bangkok
k.petchot (at) unesco (dot) org
+66 2 391 0577 ext 135
General inquiries on Open Tech Summit 2019:
If you would like to sponsor OpenTechSummit Thailand or have questions, please contact office (at) fossasia (dot) org
Main photo credit: Michael Cannon taken @ FOSSASIA Summit 2017