Call for participation: Developing digital solutions for the culture and creative sector
UNESCO is launching the TechCul Initiative to bring together tech and culture leaders with startups and entrepreneurs to develop innovative digital solutions and win-win business models to address challenges faced by the culture and creative sector.
The global pandemic has created major disruptions with the closure of cultural institutions, collapse of existing businesses, skyrocketing unemployment, loss of income and restricted access to events and services. As a short-term coping strategy, many arts and cultural organizations have sped up the adoption of technology and online modalities, with varying degrees of success.
In reality, the crisis has worsened pre-existing structural problems and revealed the fragility of practitioners and institutions in this sector. Innovative tech and entrepreneurial solutions are needed to tap into the power of digital transformation in order to rebound and pivot to new opportunities in the long term, through:
- more diversified and resilient business models,
- improved platforms for arts and cultural products and services,
- better networking and exchanges, and
- a more sustainable ecology for the culture and creative sector.
If you are:
- a future leader in technology or pioneering entrepreneur looking for new business opportunities in the Asia-Pacific
- a cultural stakeholder looking for innovative solutions to address your challenges
- an individual tech developer wanting to challenge yourself
Let's TechCul /ˈtæk.əl/ together!