Call for artworks inspired by the Ramayana Epic
International Art Exhibition "The Many Faces of Ramayana", 2-24 November 2019 at Thailand Cultural Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
UNESCO and Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts, Thammasat University, with support from Sulwhasoo, invite 2D visual artists, photographers, painters and graphic designers to submit their works for the international exhibition “The Many Faces of Ramayana” at Thailand Cultural Centre, Bangkok.
Ramayana epic is a well-known literature of Asia. It is a root of diverse forms of cultural expressions in different countries that reflect both distinctive and shared heritage beauty. “The Many Faces of Ramayana” exhibition aims to capture these intangible artistic expressions – from poetry, settings, music, chants, dance moves, rituals, festivals, craftsmanship and philosophy – through works of art created and interpreted by local artists in Asia.
A committee of art and cultural experts will select the submitted works for the exhibition, which will take place from 2 to 24 November 2019 at Thailand Cultural Centre, Bangkok. The selected works will also be publicized through print and online media. The participating artists will receive certificate from UNESCO Bangkok and Faculty of Fine and Applied Art, Thammasart University.
Types of artworks eligible
2D artistic works, including photographs, paintings, prints and digital artworks, are eligible. The expression can be either traditional or contemporary.
Artists should be 18 years old or above, from any country in the world.
Requirement in work submission
- Each artist can submit only ONE artwork to the committee.
- The work must be two-dimensional (2D), regardless of techniques used. The artist is free to use or mix any artistic techniques.
- The artwork must be the creation of the participating artist. There must be his or her signature on the work. (If no signature, the work will be rejected.)
- The size of the work must not be smaller than 40x60 square centimeters, and not bigger than 80x120 square centimeters.
- It is necessary that the artwork can be rolled into the poster transport tube for postage.
- The artwork must NOT weigh more than 2 kilograms, including the weight of the transport tube.
Steps in work submission
There are 2 phases in submitting work for the exhibition:
Phase 1: Selecting from photo of your work
- The artist takes 1 photo of their work for committee to consider. The file must be JPEG, 220-300 dpi, RGB. The size must be 1-5 MB. Artist’s signature must be visible.
- Fill the application form
- Email the photo and completed application form to email@example.com (This is the only channel of work submission.)
- You can send the photo and application form from today until 31 July 2019. If after that, the work cannot be considered.
- Selected artists will be announced by 31 August 2019 on www.fineart.tu.ac.th and email will be sent to you.
Phase 2: Sending actual artwork to exhibition
- The selected artist will be contacted by email by the committee.
- The artist shall then send the actual artworks by postage, or deliver to Faculty of Fine and Applied Art, Thammasat University by yourself, by 20 September 2019.
- Artists residing outside Thailand may deliver their works by postage. They have to roll their work ad put into the transport tube. The tube must be strong and has length not more than 95 centimeters. The weight must be no more than 2 KG. The postage must be by AIR MAIL as PRINTED MATTER. The artist shall NOT make insurance on the artwork.
- Please post the work to:
Faculty of Fine and Applied Art
Thammasat University (Rangsit Campus)
No. 99 Moo 18, Klong Nueng Sub-distirct,
Klong Luang District, Pathumthabi province 12120
- The artist will take responsibility of the postage expense in submitting the work. The organizer will pay for the postage on the return after exhibition.
- The artist shall NOT make insurance on the artwork.
- Please take photo of the postage registration number and email to the committee, so we can help tracking the postage.
- The submission period ends on 20 September 2019 (per the registered postage stamp on the item). If the work is submitted beyond the deadline, we will not be able to prepare it for exhibition.
- Organizer will not be responsible for the damage of the artwork during the postal transports to the exhibition and return to the artist.
|Email photo and application form to
Until 31 July 2019
Announcement of selected artworks
31 August 2019
Actual artwork submission
Until 20 September 2019
Exhibition period at Thailand Cultural Centre
2-24 November 2019
Return of artworks to artists
1-15 December 2019