Call for Applicants: Empowering young people in the green economy
Are you empowering young people to be active participants in the green economy?
Are you working on supporting youth to take action on climate issues in ASEAN?
Do you have experiences to share with others?
Do you have a story to tell about your own experiences in training, hosting or supporting young people to be active participants in the green economy?
We want to hear from you!
UNESCO and UNICEF are embarking on a regional study to explore how young people can get ready for green economies, how they can participate as environmental leaders, and how they can prepare themselves to access green jobs.
We are seeking expressions of interest from organizations and youth groups who may have experience or case studies to share about any of the following topics:
- Youth / youth-focused organizations involved in empowering youth environmental leaders
- Youth / youth-focused organizations involved in peer learning for environmental action or green jobs
- Youth / youth-focused organizations implementing green jobs projects
- Teachers providing school-based experiences to promote skills for green jobs
- Employers providing youth with opportunities to work in green jobs
Selected applicants will be invited to join us to share their experiences with us in Bangkok at an interactive two-day event from December 13-14, 2019, which will include:
- Presenting your initiative to UNESCO and UNICEF staff members
- Being a panellist at a technical-level ASEAN meeting
- Meet and network with other young leaders from the region
- Make recommendations to UNICEF and UNESCO on how young people can play a role in green economic transitions
- And more!
Selected applicants will receive return economy airfare and an allowance to cover local accommodation, meals and transport expenses. If you are under 18 years old, you will be required to have a chaperone.
To apply submit the following documents (in English):
- A one-page summary of your story – how you are supporting young people to develop green skills, to participate in green industries, or how you are empowering youth to be environmentally aware? Please include:
- What is the problem you are working on?
- How do you support young people?
- What is the impact you have had?
- What are your plans for your or your organization’s future?
- One paragraph about why you want to share your story, or why you wish to be selected
- A document describing your organisation (for an organisation) or a CV (for an individual).
- A copy of your passport information page.
- Applicants must be living in any ASEAN country, with a preference for Cambodia, Thailand, Viet Nam, Lao PDR or Myanmar.
- Must be between 12-35 years old; if under 18 years, old parental consent and/or guardianship will be required for travel.
- Must be actively involved in a project that relates to youth and green economies (jobs, participation, climate action).
- Must be available to travel to Bangkok between December 12-14, 2019.
Applications can be sent to Sue Vize firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than close of business (Bangkok time) on 20 November 2019.
Photo credit: UNESCO / J. Barallas