Policy Review of TVET in Cambodia
UNESCO’s Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system policy review for Cambodia responds to an invitation from the Government of Cambodia to UNESCO to conduct a review of the country’s TVET system and to engage in a policy dialogue on its future development.
The report is structured as follows:
• Part 1 provides a summary of key information about Cambodia’s population, economy and labour market system. The report begins with an analysis of the Cambodia socio-economic development model and the imperatives that arise for TVET. It then provides focus on TVET policy development.
• Parts 2 and 3 discuss the Cambodia education and TVET systems. Key aspects of the country’s TVET system are analysed, such as its policy framework, governance and management, financing mechanisms, curricula, pedagogy, quality, relevance and impact, among others.
• Part 4 examines TVET links with the labour market such as employment and career guidance services, labour market information systems, public-private partnerships and workplace learning.
• Part 5 discusses Cambodia’s plans to develop TVET, draws on international perspectives and aims to inform the national debate and support evidence-based policy making.
• Part 6 draws conclusions from earlier discussions and provides specific policy recommendations where relevant. This section also highlights some areas where further policy discussion may be fruitful.
Policy Review of TVET in Cambodia - UNESCO 2013
Bangkok: UNESCO Bangkok, 2013, 95p.