Happy Schools Video Contest
Deadline Extended! Enter Now! Accepting submissions until June 30, 2017!
What does a Happy School look like to you?
Submit a short video to our contest and win a trip to Bangkok and other prizes to be announced! Tell us what a Happy School looks like to you.
A happy learner is more likely to be a thriving one – better able to solve problems and apply critical thinking skills, more self-confident and likelier to form and foster positive relationships with others.
Happy learners require Happy Schools, those that ensure the holistic development and well-being of students and the wider school community.
In light of today’s competitive, stress-fueled and test-focused education systems, the Happy Schools Project aims to offer an alternative notion of the quality of education that values and nurtures learners’ diverse talents and strengths. In 2016, UNESCO Bangkok published Happy Schools! A Framework for Learner Well-being in the Asia-Pacific, which features 22 criteria for a happy school, as well as promising and innovative practices based on voices from the school level.
The Happy Schools Project calls for education systems to reposition the school as more than a service for educational instruction, but rather, an environment which allows for social and emotional growth and development for learners to contribute to a more peaceful, just and equitable world.
As part of UNESCO Bangkok’s Happy Schools Project, this video contest seeks to capture actions, moments and ideas that showcase and promote happiness in schools and learner well-being. All residents of the Asia-Pacific region are invited to submit video(s), along with a brief caption/description, that captures the concept of Happy Schools.
ENTER THE HAPPY SCHOOLS VIDEO CONTEST!
Create and submit a video on what happy schools look like to you.
Submission Process, Requirements and Disclaimers
Submission Process and Requirements:
1. The competition is open to people of all ages residing in the Asia-Pacific region. This includes students, teachers, school leaders and parents. The competition also welcomes submissions from amateur and professional artists, photographers and designers, filmmakers, etc.
2. Each entrant can submit up to two (2) high-resolution videos of any kind
3. Please complete the online video contest application: Happy Schools Video Contest Submission Form and include the shared link(s) to your video(s) through a file sharing service (ex: www.dropbox.com or similar). Alternatively, you may submit your DVD via post to:
Section for Inclusive Quality Education
920 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong, Klongtoey
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
4. Should you have any issues with submitting your video, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The deadline for submissions is
31 May 2017 30 June 2017
6. Each video may be up to three minutes in length
7. Each video must be of high quality and saved in a reliable video format (ex: .avi or .mov)
8. The video files must be named in the following format:
For example: If your name is Antony Chee Lee and you submit 2 videos, then please use file names = AnthonyCheeLee#1.avi, AnthonyCheeLee#2.avi
9. Any spoken text in languages other than English should be accompanied with English subtitles
10. The video must include a credit section acknowledging all those involved in the production and any clips/videos/music developed by an outside party
11. If you are to use any clips, videos and/or music published by an outside party, you must obtain explicit written permission for the use of such material in your video. Please provide UNESCO with proof of permission upon your submission.
Videos will be judged by a panel comprised of members both within and outside of UNESCO. The judging will be based on the following four criteria:
1. Relevance of the video to the theme of Happy Schools and to one (or more) of the criteria in the Happy Schools Framework
2. Relevance of the caption (description) to the theme of Happy Schools and to one (or more) of the criteria in the Happy Schools Framework
3. Creativity, originality and artistic content of the video
4. Technical quality of the video
Winners and Prizes:
1. The 1 st place winner will be invited to Bangkok, Thailand to present their video at a special launch event (yet to be determined).
2. Prizes for 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd place will be announced soon! Please check back with us regularly for updates.
3. The winner(s) will be notified via email and announced on the UNESCO Bangkok website and social media sources.
All videos will be made available for viewing by the general public.
COPYRIGHT: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright. Entrants must not infringe on the privacy rights, copyright or other rights of any other person. Permission has been sought from any persons, adults or children, who are featured in the video(s). By entering your video into the competition, you grant UNESCO the non-commercial right to use your video in its work.
Entrants’ names with be credited on the video in case of such usage by UNESCO.
AGREEMENT: At the time of entry, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and be in agreement with all rules and conditions. The organizer reserves the right to rule on any issue(s) not covered by these rules and disclaimers. In the event that an entrant should disagree with any decision made by the organizer, that entrant will have the right to withdraw his or her entry. All related expenses incurred shall be borne solely by the entrant. The organizers are not responsible for failure of receipt, loss or damage of any photographs entered in the competition.
For any enquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com