Call for Abstracts: Museum Forum 2017 / การประชุมวิชาการด้านพิพิธภัณฑ์
Museum Siam, in collaboration with Silpakorn University, Thammasat University, Office of the Basic Education Commission, Mahidol University, Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Anthropology Centre, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) and UNESCO, is organizing the 2017 Museum Forum under the theme "Museum Education NOW!: Agenda, Practice, Conflict and Solution". The forum will be held at Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Anthropology Centre (SAC) from 2 to 3 August 2017.
For Thais, now until 15 May 2017, the forum is open for submission of abstracts for paper presentation. Topics and issues to be discussed in the conference are as follow:
I. Museum Education and Formal Education: How do museums as informal education link with the formal education?
- roles of museum in supporting formal curriculums
- collaboration of museum educators and school teachers
- museum as learning media in formal education
- engaging students of different ages to museum
- supportive role of museum for formal education
II. Museum as Informal Education: How do museums as the informal and lifelong learning organization actively create learning experiences with the society?
- creation of lifelong learning through museum
- creation of learning experiences between museum and communities
- create potential and encourage museums to become the resource informal education for everyone
- engagement of family, children, and senior citizen via museum learning process
- initiative to reach out to people who have limit access to museum, such as migrants, the marginals, the subalterns
- museum learning designed for physically challenged people
III. Research and Development: How do researches contribute to the innovation of learning experiences in the museum?
- museum learning program design
- museum learning assessment
- research on museum audiences and museum learning program
IV. Educators and Museum Practices: Exploring relationships between museum educators and other education institutes.
- roles of the teachers in museum operation
- roles and practices of museum educators
- relationship between curators and educators
V. Museum, Education, and Social Improvement: Roles of museums and education as a catalyst toward the improvement of the society
- collaboration between museums and communities
- museums as places to cultivating of social values, such as democracy, equality, social inequality, ethics, aesthetics, human rights, and community rights.
VI. Media and Learning:
- Ideas, concepts, and effectiveness of media used in museums.
- For example, collection of objects, digital media, games, role play, hands on, film, print material, interactive media, and online media.
Deadlines and details of abstract
Submit an abstract in Thai. It should be shorter than 2 pages with 16-point Cordia New. The abstract must be sent in the Microsoft Word format. Its details include:
- title of the abstract, object of study, methodology, research finding, and conclusion
- presenter's name, title, and affiliation
- presenter’s telephone number and email
Submit the abstract to email@example.com on 15th May 2017. The accepted abstracts will be informed on 5th June 2017 via email and our website. The accepted presenters must send each presenter's paper, 15-20 pages per paper, on 7th July 2027. The abstract and paper must not be previously published or presented to other conferences.
- final day to submit the abstract 15 May 2017
- announce the accepted abstract 5 June 2017
- announce the conference program and open for registration 5 July 2017
- final day to submit the paper (15-20 pages) 7 July 2017
- dates of the conference 2-3 August 2017
Tel 02-225-2777 # 420 or 081-927-9328 10.00 a.m.- 5 p.m.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org