6th UNESCO Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education
Designing a Relevant and Innovative Entrepreneurship Education: Towards Mutual Recognition of Qualifications in ASEAN, East and South Asia
October 23-25, 2017, Manila, The Philippines
- UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, Bangkok, Thailand
- Commission on Higher Education, Philippines,
- Miriam College, Philippines
In cooperation with
- University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
- Office of the Mayor, The Quezon City Government
The development and promotion of entrepreneurship education among the younger members of society today is attracting substantial attention in many countries. Seen to be an effective approach for economic growth, entrepreneurship – embodying creativity and innovativeness among other attributes – is rallying calls for greater commitment and investment from both the public and private sectors to increase the capacities of stakeholders in education to nurture young entrepreneurs.
The 6th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Designing a Relevant and Innovative Entrepreneurship Education: Towards Mutual Recognition of Qualifications in ASEAN, East and South Asia, to be held in Manila, the Philippines on 23-25 October 2017, provides an opportunity to explore how higher education institutions can work together to enhance entrepreneurship education in the Asia-Pacific region. While past meetings had also addressed the similar issues, the organizers of the 6th meeting intends to make this an “Action Year” with clear outcomes and action plans.
UNESCO Bangkok Office is organizing this meeting in collaboration with the Commission on Higher Education and Miriam College, and in cooperation with the University of Santo Tomas and the Office of the Mayor of Quezon City Government in the Philippines.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Define a model of an “Entrepreneurship Program and Curriculum” within the domain of a Mutually Recognized Qualification/Agreement” (MRQ/A) for ASEAN, East and South Asia to achieve the SDG 4-Education Agenda 2030;
- Develop specific, achievable and realistic factors and action plans as important foundation input to the MRQ/A for ASEAN, East and South Asia;
- Establish a network or consortium for sharing, exchange and collaboration of ideas and expertise to support the Mutual Recognition of Qualifications and Standards for ASEAN, East, and South Asia at the tertiary education level.
For more information, please refer to the concept note. Due to limited budget and space, we can only accommodate up to 100 participants. Please submit an application form to the addresses below by 18 August 2016.
- Applicants from the Philippines should submit their applications to:
UNESCO EE Net Philippine Chapter – Miriam College
- Applicants from other countries should submit their applications to:
EE-Net Secretariat, UNESCO Bangkok
Concept Note (.pdf, 461kb)
- Application Form (.doc, 158kb)
5th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education: Transforming Entrepreneurs for Sustainable Businesses and Job Generation, 26-29 September 2016, Jakarta and Bandung, Indonesia
4th UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education (A Supportive Ecosystem for Entrepreneurship Education), Bangkok, Thailand, 12-14 October 2015
UNESCO-APEID Consultation Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education (A Supportive Ecosystem for Entrepreneurship Education in Universities), Bangkok, Thailand, 9-10 February 2015
3rd UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, UNESCO Bangkok/Ministry of Education Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), 10-12 December 2013
2nd UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Hangzhou, China, 26-27 March 2013
UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education, Hangzhou, China, on 11-12 June 2012
15th UNESCO-APEID International Conference on Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Jakarta, Indonesia, 6-8 December 2011
For further information, please contact:
UNESCO EE-Net Secretariat
920 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 391 0577
Fax: +66 2 391 0866
EE-Net Portal: www.unesco-eenet.org